Preschool Programs: Early Head Start, Head Start, Great Start Readiness Program
At Starfish, we believe that early learning has lifelong benefits.
Although our early childhood education centers are physically closed in accordance with federal and state Safe Start guidelines, we are creatively maintaining connections with our families.
We are also actively enrolling for preschool programs. School is currently being conducted virtually. Contact us: 844-849-5437 OR pre-register online.
The best education possible!
We’re committed to providing the best education possible for our youngest children, and one that supports the whole child and the whole family. Whole child includes mental, physical, social, and emotional development.
- Did you know? Essential brain development occurs during the first three years of a child’s life. As such, the years before kindergarten are critical, and Starfish is here for every step of that journey.
- Who is eligible for Starfish preschool? We offer free (must be income eligible) preschool for children ages 6 weeks to 5 years old.
Starfish preschool includes:
- Center-based and home-based programs
- Quality curriculum that follows HighScope™, which is based on interactive, hands-on learning, and individual creativity.
- Dedicated, caring, and professional teaching staff—100% of our teachers have an associates, bachelor’s, master’s degree and/or Child Development (CDA) credentials
- Low child-to-staff ratio, which means more individual attention
- Medical and dental check ups
- Parenting supports to include the whole family in early learning
- Opportunity for parents to volunteer in the classrom
What is home-based preschool?
- We bring school to you—in the comfort of your own home!
- Focusing on: pregnant moms-to-be and pregnant moms with children ages birth to three
- A certified and trained Starfish staffer will arrange biweekly visits with you and your children year-round.
- One-on-one and customized plan based on YOUR needs. This might include:
- Prenatal information
- Emotional & social support
- Referrals and resources
What our parents say!
- Virtual learning: “Our teachers have been in constant contact which I appreciate so much—whether it’s calling to check in or giving me further educational ideas to help me help my daughter during this time.”
- Whole-family support: “The family service guide at my center is amazing! My family was in need of some mental health services and she went above and beyond in helping us find the services we so desperately needed!”
- Leg up on learning: “Liliana is 5! She is ready for Kindergarten thanks to the amazing teachers at Starfish! She honestly had the best, most caring teachers. They helped her learn many new skills such as talking, colors, counting, and even how to make friends! I recommend all parents to contact Starfish and enroll their child.”
Call us today to learn more: 844-849-KIDS (5437)
Early Education Collaboration: Thrive by Five
Thrive by Five Detroit is a collaborative partnership between among four Detroit social service agencies: Development Centers, Focus: HOPE, The Order of the Fishermen Ministries, and Starfish Family Services. Our goal? To offer an innovative model of Head Start and Early Head Start to families in Detroit.
- What is the Starfish role? We operate as the lead agency and fiduciary.