What is a Drive-2-Thrive?
Think “wish-list collection drive,” but more focused and feel-good for everyone involved!
Community families partner with Starfish to achieve positive and lasting change in their lives. We are known for providing the essential resources families need to thrive and to achieve success.
How can YOU be part of Drive-2-Thrive?
YOU can be part of this journey by hosting a drive any time of year to collect essential resources for our families OR by joining in one, two, or all three of our concentrated Drive-2-Thrive (D2T) campaigns throughout the year.
- Anytime drive Download our D2T Wish List
- Diaper Drive (Spring focus, but also year-round)
- Winter Essentials Drive (Winter)
- Back-to-School Backpack Drive (Fall)
Diapers for a baby shouldn’t be a luxury. But, for many families, a clean, dry diaper may be impossible to afford. Diapers are consistently the number-1 requested items on our Wish List.
What can you do? Host a drive (e.g., Dads 4 Diapers or a Dry Bottoms Drive). See below for some “do it right” tips for success. Donate today. Your donation of $75 covers the cost of disposable diapers for (1) baby for (1) month.
Set a goal: For example, collect 100 boxes/packages of diapers and wipes.
Set a dedicated time frame: For example, two weeks in May or the entire month of June. We will work with you to determine logistics, a specific drop-off day, and provide Amazon Wish List links for direct delivery. Note: You must be logged into your Amazon account to view our charity lists.
Share the need: For example, 1 in 3 American families struggles to afford diapers. Click for Detroit News article, “Down to My Last Diaper.”
Get creative: Click to download a “Dads 4 Diapers” flier, which you can customize.
More About Drives-2-Thrive?
All community friends are invited to participate:
- Company teams, social or civic groups, school organizations (e.g., scout troops), neighbors, families, or friends.
- We’ll make YOUR drive to help Starfish kids to thrive as easy as possible. We’re also dedicated to making your experience as beneficial and unforgettable as it can be!
Is there a way for our volunteer team/group to be more involved in a drive?
We would love that—and so will you! Your volunteers can be integrated as much as possible when it is possible.
- For example, during the backpack drive, volunteers may attend a pre-set orientation date for parents/children and participate in the day’s activities. What a meaningful way to see your donations at work!
For more information,
download our D2T Frequently Asked Questions.
To get involved right now,
contact Rebecca Gillespie at email@example.com or (313) 688-3353