“We live in a world in which we need to share responsibility. It’s easy to say, “It’s not my community, not my world, not my problem.” Then there are those who see the need and respond. I consider these people my heroes.” – Fred Rogers
If you or your team are looking for ways to take action to help families directly – we have options! Starfish Family Services would be honored to welcome your help! New and needed essential items are part of how we can – together – wholistically support families to thrive and be well.
Become an In-Kind Drive Partner
In-Kind Donations serve over 3,000 Starfish children. As a Starfish In-Kind Drive Partner, you serve Starfish in an even bigger way.
Starfish In-Kind Drives follow the school year calendar. Distribution is from Starfish Headquarters into the hands of the children and families we serve.
- Starfish Back-To-School Drive —- Backpacks filled with all the materials children need to begin school.
- Starfish Winter Essentials Drive —- A coat for every Starfish child, winter boots, hats, and mittens too!
- Starfish Pantry Essentials Drive —- Monetary gifts in the form of grocery gift cards so every family gets food support at this critical time of year.
- Starfish Summer Learning Kits Drive —- All the learning materials a preschooler needs to prevent summer learning loss.
- Always Needed: Diapers, Wipes & Formula —- Through the year we are looking for this critical essential for families
Starfish Wish List Drive
Starfish families need items year-round. New items provided by you, distributed by us, right to Starfish families through our Hiveley Take-N-Go Center and Mobile Units (coming soon!).
For More Information or to discuss In-Kind Drive possibilities contact:
Rebecca Soubel Gillespie
Community Engagement Specialist
(313) 688-3353 firstname.lastname@example.org