By: Sinziana Luchian; Marketing Intern
It is that time of the year again- the time to celebrate our Nation’s Independence! Families around the country are getting ready for a long weekend of quality time spent with loved ones; barbeques, family gatherings and mini gateways. While this day is a significant commemoration for our nation, it is also an educational experience for young children. At Starfish, we are strong believers in the early learning and development of children. We would like to share fun activities for your little ones to enjoy while gaining background knowledge about the true meaning behind our red, white, and blue holiday.
Some of our favorite patriotic activities include:
- Red, White and Blue finger-painting; this activity will help your young child gain fine motor skills.
- Make Fourth of July related foods; a natural fit with the holiday traditions. Allow your kids to help as much as possible in the making of each dish. A Red, White and Blue Berry Cake sounds delicious!
- Fourth of July Tie Dye shirts; an engaging activity for the whole family to enjoy.
- Host a mini concert; sing patriotic songs such Yankee Doodle, The Star-Spangled Banner and America the Beautiful.
- Make your own flag using only sandwich sticks, poster board, red and blue Kool-Aid, and Elmer’s glue. That sounds easy enough!
- Dress in the colors of the American flag; allow your kids to wear their favorite red, white and blue clothing.
- Attend a parade, firework show, or visit a local history museum.
For 100+ patriotic crafts and activities visit: http://kidsactivitiesblog.com/54116/patriotic-crafts-activities.
While participating in any sort of celebratory activity, please remember that safety always comes first. We hope you will enjoy this exciting weekend with your little ones. Starfish would like to wish everyone a happy and safe Independence Day- from our family to yours!