By: Sinziana Luchian; Marketing Intern
As we enter into the Month of August, our Starfish staff has already started preparing for the new school year. August is known as Back-to-School Month; also as Getting Your Child Ready for Kindergarten Month, two very important topics. We would like to share some tips that may make the transition to the new school year a little easier.
Important back-to-school tips:
- Meet your child’s teachers; children always fear not liking or connecting with their new teachers, this is a great way to ease those fears before the school year begins.
- Tour the school; if your school hosts an open house event, make sure to go. This will be a great opportunity for both the parents and children to become familiar with the classrooms, playground and surrounding areas.
- Make back to school shopping a priority early this month; obtain the class supply lists and take special shopping trips with your child. This will not only make them excited to start the new school year but they will feel prepared and ready to learn!
- Ease into the routine; switching from a summer to school schedule can be stressful for everyone in the household. Start practicing the back to school routine a few days early. Routines make children feel comfortable and their first day back will be a breeze if they know what to expect early on.
- Create a buddy system; contact the parents of your child’s friends from the prior year. Find out if there are any friends, relatives or neighbors in your child’s classroom. Starting school with a known buddy is always easier for children.
The transition from summer to the new school year can be a tough period for children. Early preparations and planning ahead can make this time of year not as hectic for parents and children. As always, we are looking forward to another exciting school year filled with amazing memories for our Starfish kids!